In yesterday’s post, I dissected the advertising strategies used by the two biggest players in the erectile dysfunction (ED) pharmaceutical market. Part of the piece described one company’s use of a Howlin’ Wolf song in one of its ads.
As an added bonus for blues aficionados; I’m going to list some of the best Howlin’ Wolf songs for Turgidity meds:
1) “Smokestack Lightning” – for obviously phallic and incendiary reasons
2) “Moanin’ at Midnight” – no explanation needed
3) “Wang Dang Doodle” – its got the word “Wang” in the title, and bonus points if you pointed out that it was a big hit for Willie Dixon. Uh-huh huh! He said Dixon
4) “Backdoor Man” – Duh
5) “Three Hundred Pounds of Joy” – We all can’t have washboard abs
6) “Shake For Me” – If he’s three hundred pounds, you gotta figure she may have also been built when meat was cheap
7) “Goin Down Slow” – Don’t make me explain these to you, people
8) “Built for Comfort” – Another obvious sexual reference
Please feel free to comment with your own blues favorites which might be well suited for an erectile dysfunction commercial. Please, no jazz or easy listening tracks.